Rocky Mountain Wings LLC.
Ridge Runner Series Kitplanes
We are proud to offer the award winning Ridge Runner series sport planes from Rocky Mountain Wings. These outstanding kits offer the homebuilder the opportunity to build and own a real bush plane at a fraction of the price of a certified aircraft. Cheaper to own, maintain and fly without giving up a quality flying experiance. Find out why more and more sport pilots are choosing to build and fly a Ridge Runner
Jim Pekola/Dan Rozsa show winning Ridge Runner III
© 2011 Boondox LLC dba Boondox Aviation ®
Specializing in Training,Aircraft and Service for the Sport Pilot
Rocky Mountain Wings Offers The Most Complete Kits in the Industry!
All Kits Include:
- Fully Welded 4130 Chrome-Alloy Steel Airframe
- Optional Powder Coating Available
- 5 Minute Folding Wings - No hanger or Tie-down Fees!!
- Wing Kit includes Pre-Fabricated Ribs
- Seat Belt with Shoulder Harness. (4 point)
- All Hardware Firewall Back
- 1.7 oz. Cover Process (fabric and tapes included)
- Fast and Simple Build (250 - 600 hours, Depending on Options and experience)
- Heel Brakes (Except Model I)
Four Exciting Models to Choose From
Ridge Runner I
The "Real Airplane" Ultralight
Ridge Runner II
Single with Cargo Area
Ridge Runner III
Dual Tandem Bush Plane
Ridge Runner IV
2010 Best Value
Light Sport Aircraft!
Two Seat Tandem
Side by Side
What makes a Rocky Mountain Wings Ridge Runner Airplane so Special?
Rocky Mountain Wings, LLC, has brought together some of the best talent in the experimental airplane industry with over 50 years of experience in designing, building and flying. We are offering more options on our kits to you, the consumer, than any other light airplane manufacturer today. We have been in business for 15 years and the family has been involved in aviation since almost the beginning!
Today, we can help you own and fly your very own Ultralight or Light Sport Aircraft Kit that looks like and flies like a real airplane because it is a real airplane. We have added the convenience of folding wings that do not require you to disconnect the controls. It can be trailer-ready in 5 minutes and taken anywhere, easily, which adds the benefit of being able to store it at home - no more hangar fees and more flying time! Your plane will come to you prefabricated to add skis or floats if you would like and you also have the option of adding big tires to do some backcountry flying. The Ridge Runner is a fun and easy aircraft to build, fly and own. It is truly the most versatile aircraft kit on the market.
- 5 Minute Folding Wings WITHOUT Disconecting Any Controls
- Store at Home, Trailer Anywhere, No Hanger Fees
- Many Engine Options Available
- Fun to Fly on as little as 3 Gallons per Hour
- Landing Gear Options Available including Conventional, Tri-Gear, Floats & Skis
- Comes Pre-Welded/Fabricated, Meets FAA 51% Rule
- Easy to Assemble and Faster than Most Other Kits
- Standard Airplane Controls and Control Surfaces
- STOL Performance for Backcountry Flying